Mission & History
Since Duluth Business University opened in 1891, the privately owned and operated school has always called Duluth home. For over 100 years, DBU has maintained a clear focus on career specific training. To meet the ever-changing needs of employers, DBU has, in recent years, added allied health and other programs to its curriculum.
DBU opened its new campus in April of 2003. This 27,500 square foot facility was built specifically to better serve DBU’s students and allow for future expansion.
The school is currently owned by Mr. James R. Gessner of Duluth and Mr. Terry L. Myhre of Minneapolis.
In May of 1994, DBU obtained degree-granting status from the State of Minnesota and offers its students the option of an Associate in Applied Science Degree. Two Bachelor of Science degrees are also currently offered.